Thursday, September 29, 2011

random acts of super coolness

K, so just a little story about something pretty cool that happened to me whilst i was swimming around Vashj'ir.

It all started as i was hanging around the Shimmering Expanse looking for the elusive Poseidus, don't laugh, i will find him one day and then i'll have a seahorse for always and forever :D

Anyway, on this occasion there was no Poseidus for me, but there were some pirates to kill!!
So off a killing i went! My happy little shadow priest killing the Captain of the ship, who, incidentally, only dropped 3 gold >.> (also, unrelated to the story, however i also found out that one should not kill the ship mates on the ship, they flag you as pvp and also kicked my butt, as i was unprepared :P)
Upon returning to my dead corpse (thanx again ship mates >.>) and extracting my revenge on the saliors, i came across a whale shark :S

k, i am super afraid of whale sharks, and normally swim my little priesty butt away as fast as my, can only use in these waters, seahorse will take me, however this one was different. This one had a hunters mark upon its head and curiosity got the better of me, so i swam in closer to investigate.

At first i was a bit baffled cos i couldn't see anyone, (i'm a blind priest who also has no sense of direction fyi), so, using my awesome detective skills, i found who the shark was targeting and whispered them :D
"I just wanted to know if you were soloing that? The killing of that there shark?"
i asked the hunter
"Oh no, lol that'd take too long, just doing it with a couple of mates" he replied
"sweet, still very impressive!" i said in return

And indeed it was impressive, i've tried it before in an old guild and failed dismally, so i was rather impressed by this.

After the achieves were achieved, hee hee, i gave my grats to those involved and proceeded to hearth back to my beloved Dalaran, and after my loading screen had gone away, (i have loading screen issues :P), up popped a party invite O_o.

Not one to turn down a party invite, lol, i accepted the invitation.
"oh hai hai" i say
"heya, Shellme, come get your achieve!!"
"wait what?!" i say, clearly dumb founded
"come kill a whale shark!!"
"O.o i just hearthed to dal :S"
"well, get moving, we'll hold up on killing it."

I couldn't believe my luck or how nice these guys were being. The whole time i was making my lagtastic way from Dal to Vashj'ir, they were chatting in party saying to hold back on dps, and to drop agro on the shark, so that it'd still be alive-ish when i finally got there.

Which I finally did, a few minutes later, damn my loading screens, and with just under a 3rd of the kill left to go! I threw in my own 2cents of dps and we took that whale shark down!!

Achievement Unlocked!!

hee hee a big thanx to Euphimea, who was the hunter i first spoke to, as well as Partts, Arnwyn and Exaven for being so super cool and inviting me to get the achievement, you guys, even though you probably won't ever read this, you are still awesome none the less.

oh, i also told my guild i solo'd it hee hee (with 4 other people :P)

<3 Shellme



No comments:

Post a Comment